Friday, May 1, 2009

Video of the UBDW

After emails and calls I was finally able to get some video of our young 8 man full contact team. After not having a camera myself this year and last. I did purchase a very nice Sony HD camcorder. So, from here on out I should be able to get better film.

Anyhow, this is our first game of the season, a little sloppy but you can see how rule blocking at such a young age, kick outs, pulling and fakes are teachable. We beat this team 6 TD's - 0. So far it is the only game that I was able to get. Once I get more I will upload it to youtube and post it. I am highly interested in showing you guys the Loose Plays and Single Wing plays we also ran with this team.

The kids are 5, 6 & 7 year old.
18 kids, 10 Five year old kids, 3 Six year old kids, and 5 seven year old kids. You will see how the speed from our opponent is superior to ours. Notice on a lot of plays our backs are about 5 - 10 yards away from the defenders and still get caught. You will also notice the walls being built by the line. Our starting lines age going from left to right (G = 5, C = 5(my twin boys would switch off here "SHAMELESS DAD PLUG":-), SG = 6, TE = 6, and our Right wing which is also on the line. I had two players that would rotate in and out. One was 7 and the other was 6. Both our FB (3backs) where 7. Also had 3 stud Wing backs (playing 4 back) and 2 kids rotating at QB (1back) One was 7 and our back up was 5.

No comments: